New to UZAZU? This 1-Day Training is the PERFECT place to start and learn ALL the essentials!
Embody Balance & Flow in Your Life
with UZAZU Embodied Intelligence
Learn a simple yet effective method to activate the 9 key embodied STATES that empower you to engage with ease and vitality—in your daily life and in your relationships.
A 6-hour Online Training, recorded January 10th, with UZAZU founder Dylan Newcomb & co-trainer Deb Grant, LCSW & RSMT
Honestly!? This last year has been UNIQUELY CHALLENGING, to say the least...
And so many of us are wanting 2021 to be a year where we can finally move forward again and create more of the life we most desire.
But it's one thing to dream and THINK ABOUT IT, and it's something entirely different to actually stay focused & well-balanced enough to robustly MANIFEST & APPRECIATE IT, as the year unfolds.
Before we know it, another year has gone by, and we haven’t made much the progress we were hoping for. And so our self-esteem can erode, making it even harder to keep accessing the energy and inspiration it takes to keep moving forward toward our aspirations.
Here’s the thing…
No matter how aligned, motivating, or inspiring your hopes and dreams for the coming year are, you can only remain as focused, engaged, and effective in reaching them as your EMBODIED STATE allows you to be.
So STOP getting down on yourself for not “realizing your dreams” and START becoming more effective in shifting into the specific EMBODIED STATES that will best carry you forward!
No matter how much prior experience you’ve had with other embodied practices, you’ll come away from this highly engaging 1-day intensive online training—and the post-training support & practice materials—with a clear set of embodied, STATE-SHIFTING practices that you can use right away to optimize how you show up & engage in each moment and to deepen your ongoing personal growth.
In this 1-Day Live(or recorded) Online Training, you will:
Here’s what you’ll learn in each section of the training:
Click on each section to read more...
- Learn how both your positive and negative states get unconsciously activated (this includes your thoughts, emotions, behavioral impulses)—and how being able to influence this at a root level is a powerful lever with which you can quickly SHIFT your overall quality of experience & effectiveness in life.
- Learn to modulate the source of STIMULUS that’s feeding your habitual embodied experience—and how you respond to it in both skillful and unskillful ways—so you can more ease-fully adapt to each situation in naturally supportive ways.
- Experience directly which ways of orienting to each moment are more and less comfortable for you: Sensing & holding your Inner-Experience, Stepping into your Self-Agency (or individual power), Establishing & maintaining Connection with others, and Collaborating and co-creating value in the world.
- Discover how you instinctively relate to your own embodied experiences & actions—so you'll feel more empowered to choose whether to be “inside” the experience and the direct power of them, or more “outside” them, evaluating, guiding, and regulating them. (Hint: we all need to do BOTH, at different moments!)
- Learn to activate the 2 Core States that help you gracefully & quickly process your inner feelings, emotions, thoughts, and cultivate true self-compassion—without being either overwhelmed by or numbing yourself to your own inner-experiences.
- Learn to activate the 2 Core States that let you immediately and authentically amplify your sense of Self-Agency—your experience of personal empowerment and self-esteem, whether that feels available to you today or not. (Note: This direct path to feeling more truly empowered is especially a GAME-CHANGER for those who weren't supported as a child in honoring their own abilities and dreams.)
- Learn to read your UZAZU Embodied Intelligence Self-Assessment—so you can easily identify & bring balance to those STATES (and areas of your life) that need the most attention.
- Learn which kinds of states will empower you to more naturally THRIVE in which types of situations—so whenever you feel “off” or not well-suited to the moment and the task at hand, you know which state will be most empowering for you to cultivate.
- Learn how to activate—or PRIME “on the fly”— the balanced, embodied states you most need in your day-to-day life—so you’re not as often “reacting” to situations in habitual ways that cause you stress, anxiety, and disconnection but rather, you can respond with the full-spectrum of your embodied intelligence.
- Apply these embodied states to the patterns of imbalance you identified in your UZAZU Embodied Intelligence Self-Assessment—so you can begin to bring balance to those areas of your life that need the most attention.
- Learn how to activate these balanced embodied States “on the fly” in your daily life—so you are no longer “reacting” to situations in habitual ways that cause you stress, anxiety, and disconnection but rather, you are responding with your full-spectrum Embodied Intelligence.
About UZAZU's Live & Recorded Online Trainings
In each session, you'll ENGAGE—interactively and experientially—with the content at hand. You'll be (safely) guided through experiencing a full spectrum of balanced & imbalanced STATES. This is a very "embodied" process, so come prepared to DO, FEEL, SHARE, and REFLECT together!
You'll have ample opportunities to PRACTICE & APPLY what you're learning with your training partners via carefully crafted Zoom Breakout Group activities. This keeps you continually engaged and learning-by-doing. The overall format is highly interactive, embodied learning—NOT PowerPoint Lectures about embodiment!
Here's what you'll receive with this live online training:
This Training is Available Now!
Recorded on January 10th, 2021
All online Zoom training sessions , including the breakout group practice activities, have been recorded and are available for you in a handy online course format, together with the community sharing & support area, for 2 years.
Note: We currently do not have a next live, online version of this 1-day training on the calendar. We WILL be offering one sometime between late spring and early fall, 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this training for? How do I know if it's a good fit for ME?
This 1-day live online training is for anyone interested in learning how to use embodiment for personal growth & development. You do NOT need to have any prior training in UZAZU or any other modality. You do NOT need to be skilled in moving your body—the postures & movements are very simple. This is not a training that helps you use UZAZU with others/clients—that's what the 3-Day Professional Training is for. This is the perfect place to start for anyone who wants to learn all the basics of UZAZU for their own use.
Do I need to have any prior experience in doing "embodied practices" to take this online training?
Nope. UZAZU Embodied Intelligence works equally well for "newbies" to body-oriented personal development work as well as for experienced movers and/or people with several mind-body modalities under their belt. It provides a simple yet comprehensive framework & set of practices, and is also a powerful foundation for people new to somatic work, and it combines very easily with other approaches.
I'm not so sure about doing embodiment-based trainings ONLINE. Is there a LIVE, in person version?
Due to the COVID-19 situation, we're currently ONLY teaching our training online till things clear up substantially in the United States. In 2022, live trainings in both the United States and Europe will most likely be held.
That said, I've been teaching UZAZU primarily online for over 9 years now, and feel very satisfied with how it goes, in this format. We've worked (and keep working) real hard to optimize the effectiveness of our online teaching methodologies. We consistently get feedback on how surprisingly engaging and transformational it is for people. We also provide a FULL discount if, after the first day of training, you feel it's not working for you.
What if I can't make it to all (or even any) of the actual live training sessions? Will there be a replay?
YES! We record all the sessions and make them available to you in a very user-friendly online course format for 2 full years (including all the handouts). This also includes access to the our online UZAZU users community, where you can share and ask questions to other members.
What's the difference between the live online version of this training, and getting the recorded version?
They are essentially the SAME thing. The main difference being that you get immediate access to the training if/when you get the recorded version. And you get to attend live online with the live version, which means more interactivity and the ability to participate in the live breakout groups. However, with the online community space, you still get to ask questions and share your experiences with others whenever you like, no matter which version(s) you do.
If I want to join the upcoming Practitioner Certification Training, do I still have to take the 3-Day Training, if I take this 1-Day training?
Yes. This training is has a personal, not professional focus. The 3-day professional training ADD more depth to understanding and working with IMBALANCED states and teaches you how to facilitate the two core protocols we use to help people shift into more balanced states. It is also the prerequisite to taking the 9-Month Practitioner Certification Training, which starts its next round on March 7th, 2020. You do not need to attend it LIVE, in person—you can also experience it via the replays. But you will need to have gone through all the content before we start.
I look forward to meeting you in the training...
If your questions are not answered above, just click on the chat button or email me at dylan.newcomb@UZAZU.org and I'm happy to respond!
Yours in embodied ease & vitality - Dylan Newcomb