New to UZAZU? This 1-Day Training is the PERFECT place to start and learn ALL the essentials!
Embody Balance & Flow in Your Life
with UZAZU Embodied Intelligence
Learn a simple yet effective method to activate the 9 key embodied STATES that empower you to engage with ease and vitality—in your daily life and in your relationships.
A 6-hour Online Training, recorded January 10th, with UZAZU founder Dylan Newcomb & co-trainer Deb Grant, LCSW & RSMT
Honestly!? This last year has been UNIQUELY CHALLENGING, to say the least...
And so many of us are wanting 2021 to be a year where we can finally move forward again and create more of the life we most desire.
But it's one thing to dream and THINK ABOUT IT, and it's something entirely different to actually stay focused & well-balanced enough to robustly MANIFEST & APPRECIATE IT, as the year unfolds.
Before we know it, another year has gone by, and we haven’t made much the progress we were hoping for. And so our self-esteem can erode, making it even harder to keep accessing the energy and inspiration it takes to keep moving forward toward our aspirations.
Here’s the thing…
No matter how aligned, motivating, or inspiring your hopes and dreams for the coming year are, you can only remain as focused, engaged, and effective in reaching them as your EMBODIED STATE allows you to be.
So STOP getting down on yourself for not “realizing your dreams” and START becoming more effective in shifting into the specific EMBODIED STATES that will best carry you forward!
No matter how much prior experience you’ve had with other embodied practices, you’ll come away from this highly engaging 1-day intensive online training—and the post-training support & practice materials—with a clear set of embodied, STATE-SHIFTING practices that you can use right away to optimize how you show up & engage in each moment and to deepen your ongoing personal growth.
In this 1-Day Live(or recorded) Online Training, you will:
Here’s what you’ll learn in each section of the training:
Click on each section to read more...
- Learn how both your positive and negative states get unconsciously activated (this includes your thoughts, emotions, behavioral impulses)—and how being able to influence this at a root level is a powerful lever with which you can quickly SHIFT your overall quality of experience & effectiveness in life.
- Learn to modulate the source of STIMULUS that’s feeding your habitual embodied experience—and how you respond to it in both skillful and unskillful ways—so you can more ease-fully adapt to each situation in naturally supportive ways.
- Experience directly which ways of orienting to each moment are more and less comfortable for you: Sensing & holding your Inner-Experience, Stepping into your Self-Agency (or individual power), Establishing & maintaining Connection with others, and Collaborating and co-creating value in the world.
- Discover how you instinctively relate to your own embodied experiences & actions—so you'll feel more empowered to choose whether to be “inside” the experience and the direct power of them, or more “outside” them, evaluating, guiding, and regulating them. (Hint: we all need to do BOTH, at different moments!)
- Learn to activate the 2 Core States that help you gracefully & quickly process your inner feelings, emotions, thoughts, and cultivate true self-compassion—without being either overwhelmed by or numbing yourself to your own inner-experiences.
- Learn to activate the 2 Core States that let you immediately and authentically amplify your sense of Self-Agency—your experience of personal empowerment and self-esteem, whether that feels available to you today or not. (Note: This direct path to feeling more truly empowered is especially a GAME-CHANGER for those who weren't supported as a child in honoring their own abilities and dreams.)
- Learn to read your UZAZU Embodied Intelligence Self-Assessment—so you can easily identify & bring balance to those STATES (and areas of your life) that need the most attention.
- Learn which kinds of states will empower you to more naturally THRIVE in which types of situations—so whenever you feel “off” or not well-suited to the moment and the task at hand, you know which state will be most empowering for you to cultivate.
- Learn how to activate—or PRIME “on the fly”— the balanced, embodied states you most need in your day-to-day life—so you’re not as often “reacting” to situations in habitual ways that cause you stress, anxiety, and disconnection but rather, you can respond with the full-spectrum of your embodied intelligence.
- Apply these embodied states to the patterns of imbalance you identified in your UZAZU Embodied Intelligence Self-Assessment—so you can begin to bring balance to those areas of your life that need the most attention.
- Learn how to activate these balanced embodied States “on the fly” in your daily life—so you are no longer “reacting” to situations in habitual ways that cause you stress, anxiety, and disconnection but rather, you are responding with your full-spectrum Embodied Intelligence.
About UZAZU's Live & Recorded Online Trainings
In each session, you'll ENGAGE—interactively and experientially—with the content at hand. You'll be (safely) guided through experiencing a full spectrum of balanced & imbalanced STATES. This is a very "embodied" process, so come prepared to DO, FEEL, SHARE, and REFLECT together!
You'll have ample opportunities to PRACTICE & APPLY what you're learning with your training partners via carefully crafted Zoom Breakout Group activities. This keeps you continually engaged and learning-by-doing. The overall format is highly interactive, embodied learning—NOT PowerPoint Lectures about embodiment!
Here's what you'll receive with this live online training:
This Training is Available Now!
Recorded on January 10th, 2021
All online Zoom training sessions , including the breakout group practice activities, have been recorded and are available for you in a handy online course format, together with the community sharing & support area, for 2 years.
Note: We currently do not have a next live, online version of this 1-day training on the calendar. We WILL be offering one sometime between late spring and early fall, 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this training for? How do I know if it's a good fit for ME?
This 1-day live online training is for anyone interested in learning how to use embodiment for personal growth & development. You do NOT need to have any prior training in UZAZU or any other modality. You do NOT need to be skilled in moving your body—the postures & movements are very simple. This is not a training that helps you use UZAZU with others/clients—that's what the 3-Day Professional Training is for. This is the perfect place to start for anyone who wants to learn all the basics of UZAZU for their own use.
Do I need to have any prior experience in doing "embodied practices" to take this online training?
Nope. UZAZU Embodied Intelligence works equally well for "newbies" to body-oriented personal development work as well as for experienced movers and/or people with several mind-body modalities under their belt. It provides a simple yet comprehensive framework & set of practices, and is also a powerful foundation for people new to somatic work, and it combines very easily with other approaches.
I'm not so sure about doing embodiment-based trainings ONLINE. Is there a LIVE, in person version?
Due to the COVID-19 situation, we're currently ONLY teaching our training online till things clear up substantially in the United States. In 2022, live trainings in both the United States and Europe will most likely be held.
That said, I've been teaching UZAZU primarily online for over 9 years now, and feel very satisfied with how it goes, in this format. We've worked (and keep working) real hard to optimize the effectiveness of our online teaching methodologies. We consistently get feedback on how surprisingly engaging and transformational it is for people. We also provide a FULL discount if, after the first day of training, you feel it's not working for you.
What if I can't make it to all (or even any) of the actual live training sessions? Will there be a replay?
YES! We record all the sessions and make them available to you in a very user-friendly online course format for 2 full years (including all the handouts). This also includes access to the our online UZAZU users community, where you can share and ask questions to other members.
What's the difference between the live online version of this training, and getting the recorded version?
They are essentially the SAME thing. The main difference being that you get immediate access to the training if/when you get the recorded version. And you get to attend live online with the live version, which means more interactivity and the ability to participate in the live breakout groups. However, with the online community space, you still get to ask questions and share your experiences with others whenever you like, no matter which version(s) you do.
If I want to join the upcoming Practitioner Certification Training, do I still have to take the 3-Day Training, if I take this 1-Day training?
Yes. This training is has a personal, not professional focus. The 3-day professional training ADD more depth to understanding and working with IMBALANCED states and teaches you how to facilitate the two core protocols we use to help people shift into more balanced states. It is also the prerequisite to taking the 9-Month Practitioner Certification Training, which starts its next round on March 7th, 2020. You do not need to attend it LIVE, in person—you can also experience it via the replays. But you will need to have gone through all the content before we start.
I look forward to meeting you in the training...
If your questions are not answered above, just click on the chat button or email me at dylan.newcomb@UZAZU.org and I'm happy to respond!
Yours in embodied ease & vitality - Dylan Newcomb
The Foundations of Embodied Intelligence
3-Day Online Training for Helping Professionals
with UZAZU Founder & Lead Trainer Dylan Newcomb and Co-Trainer Deb Grant, LCSW & RSMT
If you are a coach, counselor, consultant, therapist, or other helping professional—and whether you have a lot of prior experience in body-based practices & interventions or not—you’ll come away from this highly engaging 3-day intensive online workshop (and the post-workshop online materials) with a clear set of embodied principles, practices, and protocols you can use right away with your clients.
In this 3-Day Live Online Training, you will:
- Learn how to quickly and accurately “read” your clients underlying, embodied patterns. And gain a clear, holistic understanding of HOW your client tends to lose their capacity to remain well-regulated and empowered—both personally and interpersonally. And then—most importantly—have a roadmap for how to bring them back into balance. This simple, integrative model of embodied states reveals & interconnects people’s Attachment Style, Emotional Self-Regulation, Self-Efficacy, and Interaction patterns in a simple, relatable, embodied framework.
- Learn to work skillfully with a core set of nine simple body postures to help your clients balance & integrate the various dysregulated states they may be experiencing and apply these self-regulated & empowering states in their daily lives. Become equipped to give your clients highly targeted, embodied ‘homework’ exercises (using the 9 core postures of UZAZU) so they can easily practice at home, gradually re-pattern their specific imbalances, and keep integrating & growing beyond their 1-1 sessions with you.
- Learn how to apply what you learn through UZAZU’s Embodied Intelligence Self-Assessment process to improve how you manage your own attention, nervous system regulation, and body language while interacting with your clients—so you can experience a more easeful and effective flow in your sessions, and come away feeling LESS drained and MORE energized.
- Learn how to better manage your own energy, and connect more deeply & effectively with your clients in ONLINE SESSIONS. UZAZU Embodied Intelligence works very well in online video sessions—and we’ll get you started with some key tips on how to do it most effectively.
You will learn embodied practices to support your clients in each of UZAZU’s Four Core Areas of Embodiment
Inner-Experience is the area of embodiment related to Self-Focused Sensing, that is, one’s embodied sense of self. It includes:
- <li>Your (client’s)
embodied experience: sensations, feelings, and emotions.
- <li “=”” style=”” tve-droppable”=””>Your (client’s)
capacity for holding inner-experience with mindful self-compassion.
Self-Agency is the area of embodiment related to Self-Focused Acting, that is, one’s embodied actions on behalf of yourself. It includes:
- Your (client’s)
empowered self-efficacy: motivation, confidence, and determination.
constructive self-esteem: self-respect, self-potential, and vulnerability.
Connection is the area of embodiment related to Other-Focused Sensing, that is, one’s embodied sense of “being with” other people, things, and the environment. It includes:
- Your (client’s) experience of supportive connection: empathy, understanding, closeness, reciprocity
- Your (client’s) capacity for adaptive communion: orientation & adaptability to the environment, social ease, and responsiveness
Collaboration is the area of embodiment related to Other-Focused (Inter)Acting, that is, one’s embodied actions on behalf of others or the environment. It includes:
- Your (client’s) capacity for purposeful contribution: the ability to focus, follow-through, and effectively serve & provide, while connecting to own purpose
- Your (client’s) co-creative engagement: social and professional engagement, capacity for collaboration, and ability to adapt & improvise in times of change.
About UZAZU’s Live Online Trainings
In each session, you’ll ENGAGE—interactively and experientially—with the content at hand. You’ll be guided (safely) through experiencing a full spectrum of balanced & imbalanced STATES. And you’ll learn how to help your clients balance THIEIR states. It’s a very “full-on” process, so come prepared to DO, FEEL, SHARE, and REFLECT!
Each day, you’ll have ample opportunities to PRACTICE & APPLY what you’re learning with your training partners via carefully crafted Zoom Breakout Group activities. This keeps you continually engaged and learning-by-doing. The overall format is highly interactive, embodied learning—NOT PowerPoint Lectures about embodiment!
NOTE: This training gives you all the essential knowledge and skills you need to use the foundational embodiment practices and change protocols of UZAZU Embodied Intelligence with clients. It is also the prerequisite training for UZAZU’s full certification training. For those who are interested to more fully master and use a more extensive range of UZAZU Embodied Intelligence methods, the 10-month Practitioner Certification Training begins its next cohort on February 7th, 2021.
Here’s what you’ll receive with this live online training—Before, During, and After:
- 15 hours of live, interactive training & practice, streamed live via Zoom, 5 hours per day, for 3 days.
- 2-year access to all the live online training sessions, in video replay version, in a special online course area.
- 2 Embodied “homework” follow-up video practices to keep you moving forward & further integrating.
- PDF Summary of all the main sessions in the online training—so you can reread them after watching the videos.
- 2-Year access to the UZAZU online community—where you can share your questions, reflections, and successes—to help you keep learning and growing with UZAZU, well beyond this intensive online training.
- A 2-hour Online Post / Q&A Call with Dylan Newcomb, 10 days after the intensive 3-day training, we’ll have a 2-hour online post-training follow-up webinar with me, where we review the material and you can ask any questions you have. This follow-up session will be very useful in helping you confidently use & apply what you’ve learned.
Next Upcoming Training
November 19, 20, 21 – 2020
Our Training Schedule each day will be:
EST, USA: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (Break: 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm)London, U.K.: 2:00 pm – 8:00 pm (Break: 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm)
Save$150with the 30% Super Early-Bird Discount, valid thru Tuesday, Oct 13th!
Upon check-out, just enter: S-EARLY-BIRD-3-DAY-PRO in the coupon field.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this training for? How do I know if it’s a good fit for ME?
This 3-day live online training is for helping professionals of all kinds: Coaches, Psychotherapists, Somatic Therapists, Social Workers, Counselors, etc. You do NOT need to have any prior training in UZAZU. You do not need to be currently certified or credentialed in anything, to take this training. We say “helping professionals” because we will assume you are already experienced in working 1-1 with individuals on “issues,” and that you are already comfortable doing so, in your own way. The professional-focused trainings of UZAZU Embodied Intelligence are designed to easily and effectively compliment your existing methods & “tools.”
Do I need to have any prior experience in doing “embodied work” to take this online training?
Nope. UZAZU Embodied Intelligence works equally well for “newbies” to somatic-oriented change work as well as for seasoned somatic therapists with several somatic modalities under their belt. It provides a simple yet comprehensive framework & approach—a powerful foundation for people new to somatic work, and a very integrative framework for those already combining multiple approaches.
Is this a certification training? What will I be able to DO, professionally speaking, with what I learn?
This is not a certification training. You will gain a Certification of completion IF you choose to take the (free, included) online quiz available after the training ends. (You can keep taking it till you pass.) You WILL be able to use a complete set of posture & simple movements to help your clients SHIFT THEIR STATE, and start to re-pattern specific issues. You can say you’ve taken training and studied UZAZU Embodied Intelligence, but you cannot advertise yourself as a certified UZAZU Practitioner. This 3-day training is the “basic” level and is the prerequisite for taking the the 10-Month Practitioner Certification Training, which starts its next cohort on February 7th, 2021.
Do I have to take this 3-Day Training in order to join the Practitioner Certification Training in February?
This 3-day training is the “basic” level and is the prerequisite to taking the the 10-Month Practitioner Certification Training, which starts its next cohort on February 7th, 2021. You do not need to attend it LIVE, in person, but you will need to have gone through it all and passed the short online quiz on that material before we start.
If you took the 3-Day Online Training that we gave in April, 2020, then you don’t NEED to take this training, although it’s highly recommended, as we’ve updated & improved some things! Re-takers from April can join the November version of the 3-day training for 80% off! Just use this coupon code at checkout: RETAKER-EARLY-3-DAY-PRO
I’m not so sure about doing embodiment-based trainings ONLINE. Is there a LIVE, in person version?
Due to COVID-19, we’re currently ONLY teaching our training online till things clear up substantially in the United States. Then, hopefully in late 2021, a few live training in both the United States and Europe will be planned. That said, I’ve been teaching UZAZU primarily online for over 9 years now, and feel very satisfied with how it goes in this format. We’ve worked (and keep working) really hard to optimize the effectiveness of our online teaching methodologies. We consistently get feedback on how surprisingly engaging and transformational it is for people. We also provide a FULL discount if, after the first day of training, you feel it’s not working for you.
What if I can’t make it to all (or even any) of the actual live training sessions? Will there be a replay?
YES! We record all the sessions and make them available to you for 2 full years (including all the handouts) in a special online course area.
I look forward to meeting you personally, in the training…
If your questions are not answered above, just click on the chat button or email me at dylan.newcomb@UZAZU.org and I’m happy to respond!
Yours in embodied ease & vitality – Dylan Newcomb
What other Coaches & Therapists are saying about their UZAZU Embodied Intelligence training…
Comprehensive, easy-to-follow, and enjoyable for clients
As a body-oriented psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of trauma over the past 25 years, I have been impressed by the potency of UZAZU as a catalyst for transformative change. Comprehensive, easy-to-follow, and enjoyable for clients, UZAZU helps me to facilitate changes in therapy sessions that happen quickly and have lasting impact. Over the past few years, I have been applying this powerful modality both as a stand-alone approach to working with clients, and as an integrative tool for bringing together my other skills and ways of working. I highly recommend UZAZU as an effective yet sophisticated mind-follows-body modality for therapists and coaches to add to their toolbox. Actually, you will have a whole new toolbox!
Deb Grant, LCSW, RSMT — Psychotherapist & Somatic Movement Educator
Learning and personal growth that otherwise can take months…
In less than one hour, UZAZU gives my clients the learning and personal growth that otherwise can take months. ….they come out the other side with radical awareness and alignment. It’s a fantastic way to help them gain insight and move through personal challenges.
ALEX IGLECIA — Founder: Being Epic, Life Coach
It gave me a valuable set of new tools, right from the beginning!
I’ve been working as a psychotherapist, coach, and business-trainer for 25 years. My knowledge of UZAZU now provides me a powerful foundation that allows me to connect and strengthen the efficiency of all the other methods I use (which includes Constellations, Gestalt Therapy, working with Metaphoric Cards, Body-mind work, etc.) UZAZU is simple and yet very deep and wide at the same time. It allows fast and accurate diagnostics and it supports me to work with different layers and levels (the body-level, belief systems, relationship dynamics, business, etc.) It gave me a valuable set of new tools right from the beginning, while further immersion in this method seems to open up endless fields of new opportunities—including for my own self-growth! I highly recommend UZAZU as a very effective, well-formed system for all kinds of helping professionals.
Marina Bondarenko — Coach, Business-Trainer, Psychotherapist, Embodiment-coach
a robust model to help myself and my clients with complex challenges
The UZAZU Practitioner Certification Training is one of the most comprehensive, structured embodiment training courses I have found to date. You can start using the system in its simplest form from day one, and yet, the complexity keeps evolving, allowing for a robust model to help myself and my clients with complex challenges.
Albert Viljoen — Coach
When you do it, you feel better emotionally, mentally and physically
This system is so vital, fresh and organic. When you do it, you feel better emotionally, mentally and physically. UZAZU deserves to be studied by anyone with a serious interest in promoting mind-body integration.
Larry Stoler, PhD, DCEP — President Emeritus of the Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology
blown away by the richness & depth of the approach and the practices
I chose to do the UZAZU Practitioner Training to deepen my somatic intelligence skills to complement my Ontological Coaching. I am absolutely blown away by the richness and depth of the approach and the practices that go with it. I see many ways to use this in my practice. To boot, Dylan is a masterful teacher and facilitator, making the program even richer.